As a southern woman, I take great pride in crawfish- not just as a meal, but what it means to my friends and family. It’s apart of our culture.
I grew up in a family where we have seafood gumbo for Christmas dinner, and a crawfish boil for Easter Sunday. Nothing is better than indulging in pounds and pounds of crawfish, plus corn and potatoes (the BEST part).
- Crawfish is only 100 calories a pound.
- Crawfish is high in protein.
- You can enjoy cajun flavor in a light meal.
- Crawfish is high in sodium.
- Normally the sauces associated with crawfish are high in fat.
- Most side dishes, including, corn and potatoes are high in fat and carbohydrates.
Knowing these pros and cons, I hope you are able to make good decisions while eating a wonderful meal with friends and family this season. Cheers, and let the good times roll!
Until next time,